Frequently Ask Questions and Answers
1) Why should I hire The Cleaning Mom?
We offer a professional cleaning service, that are customize to your needs. We provided you with a list of different tasks, at an affordable price. You can have a piece of mind knowing all your household needs will be taken care by trusted individuals. We love and are passionate about what we do. If you want your home clean and organize choose The Cleaning Mom. We have create this business thinking of Busy; Moms & Dads, Professionals, Senior, College Student, Family on the go, pretty much everyone.
2) What type of service do you provide?
We provide all type of cleaning services; Basic Cleaning for maintaining you home and this service is good for customers that clean their home in regular basis. The Detail Cleaning ideally is a portion of a basic cleaning combine and this good for those home that clean on regular basis, however, neglect certain areas of your home more than other. Example: you clean your home but skip baseboards, or blinds, or doors, on top of the fridge, under the microwave, behind appliances, under bed couch, or even your bathrooms, etc. Those area will need a little more time to tackle them. Although we do not charge extra for a Detail Cleaning, the customer will be charge additional time need it to complete desire tasks. The Deep Cleaning, is a service for homes that have not been properly clean in thirty day or more, have a heavy build up, grease and may include additional services like: Oven cleaning, inside fridge, wet wipe baseboards, individually wet wipe blinds, windows & door glass cleaning, wet wipe door, and more.
3) How often we provided services?
As often as customer like. It can be daily, twice a week, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly(every four week), One time only. We can do Occasional, Spring Cleaning, Special Event, After Party and Vacation Home/Rental. It's really base on your need.
4) What we do not clean in a home?
We do not clean Animal or Human feces, Urine, Blood, Vomit, Mold or any Bio-hazards and Hoarders. Please check our BLOG PAGE for a list of possible Bio-hazards. We do not pick up accidents that your pets do. If we go to your home and there is excess of waste in the floor everywhere we will automatically cancel your service and bill you a full cost of service for that day.
5) What about if something break or get damage, while cleaning?
We take great care when cleaning your home, but accidents can happen. Please notify us immediately within 24 hour of your cleaning. In addition we'll write an incident report and notify you as well. Don't worry we are fully Insured.
6) Do I need to have a contract?
No, You may rescheduled, add, skip or cancel any of your cleanings at anytime. We understand that an unforeseen event may occur which will create a need to cancel. Please note: We may have to close, due to unforseen events, like weather, etc. We will contact you to offer another day or time for your cleaning, base on our availability. However, any other reason besides like mention above, you need to change or cancel your scheduled appointment please give us a full 24 hours' notice to avoid a late cancelation fee of $50.00
7) Do you provide cleaning supplies and equipment?
Yes, we will bring our own eco-friendly cleaning products and vacuum cleaner. However, if you prefer that we use your supplies and/or vacuum cleaner instead, that's fine with us. In addition, we will try to accommodate your preference in cleaning supplies. We will not be responsible for any damage that occur while using your products. We do not clean with harsh chemical, please provide us with eco-friendly products.
8) How do I pay for my cleaning service?
Payments are due on the day of your scheduled service. Most of our valued customers leave a check or cash, if you choose to leave cash please put in an envelope or write a note, saying is for us. If you do choose to write us a check, please make it payable to The Cleaning Mom, LLC. We also accept credit card payments using SQUARE INC. We can send an invoice, so you can pay any service you desire thru Square Inc prior your cleaning service.
9) What about if my cleaning services falls on a holiday?
During the event that one of your routine cleanings falls on a holiday. We'll reach out to you to change the day. We'll work most holiday except for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year Eve and New Year Day.
10) Do I need to be home for every cleaning?
No, but If you are not going to be home the day of the service provide us with a garage code or key to access your home. We prefer for a least the initial cleaning that the customer be home, but is not neccesary. Please note: that if we arrive at your home and no one is there, and you have no provide us with a mode of entry, like key, garage code, etc. We will charge you a late cancelation fee. For more information check The Cleaning Mom, policy that was provide it at your estimate or in this website.
No exception in this policy!
11) Why will the initial clean be more expensive than recurrent services? Your, initial clean may take longer and cost a little more than the rest of your services. We will need the extra time to properly begin the process of eliminating mildew, soap scum, dust, grease and dirt from your home and any other excess build up. Specially if your home require a more Detail cleaning OR Deep cleaning. You don't have to worry for picking up toys, organizing as long as you budget for the extra time that this tasks will take us to do. No worries! We'll gladly do these chores for you.
12) Can you clean just one bathroom, one bedroom and the kitchen? Yes, you can choose certain areas of your home to be clean. However, we require a least (2) hour with one cleaner or (1) hour with two cleaner task and the distance no more than 10 miles from our office.
13) Do you bring ladders or move anything heavier than 20 lbs?
No, If you like the cleaner(s) to clean behind large items such as Oven, Refrigerator or Large Furniture, please move those items prior to your appointment to allow us access to clean properly those area. You are welcome to provide us with a small stool or small ladder to reach those areas that are to high and need to be clean.
14) What City do you serve?
We currently serving the following areas: New Braunfels, Schertz, Selma, Garden Ridge, Cibolo, Universal City, Live Oak, Bulverde, Canyon Lake, Converse and some areas in San Antonio . If you don't see your area, call or text us.
15) Do you do Promotion, and other discounts ?
Yes, from time to time check our website, facebook page to find out what promotion, hot deal or customer appreciation with have avaliable. Please note: that not all promo or discount can be combine.
16) Do The Cleaning Mom, guarantee my homes cleaning service?*
Yes, let us know if we miss something or certain area while cleaning and we'll gladly come next day to correct it. In the case that we are not able to do it the first day after you report to us. We will try to accomodate later day within the same week.
17) Do you have a referral program?
Yes, for each QUALIFY REFERRAL WITH SERVICE* we'll credit your account with a one time free hour at your current hourly rate. You can apply this at your next cleaning service or toward extras services as well. In order to properly credit each referral please fill a form at "Referral Program & Reviews." We can only credit your account or apply this discount if you fill the form first, thank you for your understanding. There is not limited referral, so each qualify referral, is equal a free hour(s) or pretty much FREE HOME CLEANING. Please Note: The qualify referral must do a cleaning service with us before we can credit your account with a free hour. NO EXCEPTION TO THIS POLICY!
18) Do you do same day or weekend cleaning services ? Sometimes, we do offer same day services and only when our availability permits. Because, is a last minute or same day service you have to pay in advance a least one hour minimum to book this service. You made pay the remaining of the cost in person with checks, credit card or cash. We can send you an invoice using Square Inc. Example of same day or last minute cleaning services: you have visitor coming over, before or after party, rental, move out, move in or any other last minute task that you made need. If you want same day or weekend cleaning, please text us at 830-507-4355. In order to expedite your service please fill a form click here "FREE ESTIMATE"
19) How many team member should I expect in my home?
At the moment we are offering One Housekeeper per Residential or Commercial Cleaning Service. If you are looking for a team of 2 to 4 people to clean your residential or business location, we do not offer this group at this time.
20) Do you charge a flat rate?
No, we charge by the hour and per cleaner(s). However, extra service have an additional fee.
21) Do you offer discount for the additional services?
NO, Additionals service like Oven, Inside Fridge, Manually Dishes, Windows, Glass Door, Laundry, Outdoor Trash, Extra beds, have an additional fee, for a list of prices checks extra service page above. If you want one of the additional services mention above contact us so it can be add it to your cleaning service. We will not do extra chores in your home like task above, if payment are not include in your check, cash, or have been pay prior your cleaning services. If you need more information please contact us.
22) Do you clean house with pets?
Yes, we take pride in being a pet-friendly service and take special care in making your pet feel comfortable during our cleaning process. However, we need to ensure the safety of our staff. If you have aggressive pets, please secure them prior to our arrival. Please, make sure that we still can access all necessary rooms for us to do the scheduled work. If you leave your pets walking around the house while we are cleaning, and the areas that we have clean get dirty again, OR pet hair are visible at that point we are not responsible OR can guarantee our cleaning service. Important Note: we may have cleaner(s) with allergies to certains pets, so please provide us with that information when booking services with us. We are not responsible for the lost of you pets, if you don't secure them. Our job is to provide you with the best quality cleaning service. If we open your house door and you pets get out, that is not our responsability at all. We really don't want something happen to you pets. Please, secure them and thank you for your understanding!
23) Do you clean homes above 3,000 square foot?
Yes, for homes over 3,000 square foot; we encourage customer to hire a 2 to 4 person cleaning company. If you desire a quick in & out services. Keep in mind that at the moment we are one person, residential and Commercial cleaning company. Therefore, we can-not provide the same man power as two, three, or four person team. If you prefer one cleaner, please understand that it will take me, more time to clean homes over 3,000 feet, especially if your home needs a detail or deep cleaning. Occasionally, I reccomend to my prospective clients choose a recurrring services, like twice a week, weekly, biweekly cleaning to better mantain this kind size homes. Also, you can choose the most important areas that needs cleanings, if you do-not want a group of 2 to 4 cleaner in your home. It is impossible for me to clean an entire house that is over 3,000 sq. ft or larger in 4 or 5 hour. Especially, if you are looking for a top quality service, and when your home needs extra attention, and you are requesting extra task, please note, I offer up two bed to be made per home only, I will charge you additional for making extras beds and please understand that it takes time to clean build up of weeks, months and even years, thanks very much for your understanding with this matter!!!
24) Do you clean or shampoo carpet ?
NO, but we offer a carpet cleanse for an extra fee. Contact us to see if we can provide your home with this services. We use a dry extraction cleaning method that gives your carpet a throrough deep cleaning. It use water to capture dirt, debris, germs and bacteria. It reach places were dirt actually hides! In addition, It works on all floor surfaces and automatically adjust to all floors heights. Your floor or carpet won't get wet, even if it uses the water to capture dirt. This water vacumm cleaner have a special technology Micro Silver that help reduce germs, bacteria and viruses. We offer this service in addition of the upright & backpack vacuum cleaner, if customer prefer and for an additional fee. Please check below in the link, the current water machine we are using, to see if this is what you are looking for.
In addition, we offer a wet carpet cleaning using Smart Wash Hoover machine. For more information in this new carpet washing machine, follow this link. https://hoover.com/collections/upright-carpet-cleaners/products/smartwash-automatic-carpet-cleaner-4
Please note: we do not shampoo carpets, treat or remove stains at the moment.
25) Can you clean my home without any chemicals?
Yes, we offer chemicals free cleaning, for those that prefer no chemicals at all in their home. Due to allergies, and certain autoinmmune condition. Please Note: that certain areas in your home will require a least some eco friendly chemicals: like inside toilets, tub, shower, stove, oven, etc, specially is there is a build up. We have a list of products that we work with, ask us in advance if you need it.
26) Would the Professional Cleaner arrive on time at my home or office? Our cleaning schedules are from Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. In most cases we'll arrive on time base on the schedule you select. However, there will be times that the professional cleaner(s) can be late, due to unforseen events; have extra services to perform or, additional clients for that day. The cleaner will call and text if that happen. We'll make every effort to meet your neeeds.
27) What is the different between Cleaning, Sanitizing, and Disinfecting? This is a great question; we hardly read the labels, however, is very important to do so. For example: To clean, you spray product in the area to be clean, until throughly wet, then you wipe or rinse away. To sanatize, you spray product until throughly wet and wipe or rinse away. To disinfect, a preclean most be done prior, to remove soil before disinfection. Then spray product on surface until throughly wet. Let stand for 10 minutes this is called(dwell time)before wiping. Is always best to check products instructions.
28) What if my home or business has been recently remodel, under repair, or I have an after party or an event? Please, contact our office to request post construction or a deep cleaning service. You may need to pay extra time or an additional fee if you done one of the above.
29) What if you provide me with a free in home estimate and I cancel my appoinment, or push the inital cleaning for one, two or more months, will you be able to clean my home as original quoted? No, we have a lot customer doing this, asking us for an original quote, postponing or cancel the inital cleaning, and expecting us to clean their home at the same price. Unfortunally, we are not going to honor that. This is unfair to any company. One, two, three month of build up, will be consider a deep cleaning, therefore you will need extra hour. So, please maintain your home in those months or budget for any extra time needed, if you want us to properly clean your home. In addition we will not longer hold a monthly spot for new clients. If you desire services in one month or couples month ahead, please contact us, around a week or two before the day you wish to have the cleaning services done. I have several customer booking a monthly schedule with us and canceling back to back the day before.
30) If I have Covid-19, flu, cold, fever or any other illness related symptoms. Can you still clean my home?
Unfortunally no, if you or any other members of your household have Covid, or any other illness please contact us right away, so we skip your services until your health issues have been resolve. For information please visit my blogpage concerning Covid-19.